Productivity and Cost Impact
Employees typically take 5 days off when they have the flu. Employers lose productivity and, in some cases, incur costs to fill the gaps with temporary help. In addition, employers pay out sick time and their insurance providers pay for flu related doctor’s appointments.
Key questions you may want to consider:
- How many hours of productivity will you lose during the flu season?
- How much will you spend on temporary help?
- How much will you spend on paid sick time?
- How much will insurance spend on doctors appointments?
- How do these costs stack up against the cost of hosting an on site flu vaccination clinic?